Hopscotch Peacehaven are OUTSTANDING!
20th October 2016
We are extremely proud to announce that Hopscotch Peacehaven have been awarded Outstanding by Ofsted after their inspection on 4th October 2016.
The key findings for parents are:
- The quality of teaching is exemplary. Staff skilfully build on children’s own ideas in play
and consistently encourage them to think and solve problems. Children delight in
working things out for themselves and develop extremely positive attitudes to learning.
All children make excellent progress in their learning from their starting points.
- The manager is a truly exceptional leader. Her enthusiasm and continuous ambition for
improvement are reflected in all aspects of the setting. She leads an enthusiastic team
that is completely committed to achieving the highest quality of practice.
- Staff are exceptionally caring and attentive to all children’s needs. Children are
extremely happy and secure. Staff act as excellent role models and children behave
exceptionally well. All staff use exemplary methods to encourage children to listen to
and respect each other such as independently using sand timers to manage time fairly.
- Staff provide parents with extensive support. For example, they continuously share
children’s next steps in learning and suggest exciting activities to help them further
support learning at home. Parents are extremely complimentary about the setting and
comment on how completely involved they are in their children’s learning.
- The manager and staff work together to monitor children’s development extremely
closely. They ensure that all children make consistently high rates of progress, and any
gaps in learning are acted on immediately. This fully supports all groups of children.
See our full report here – Ofsted Outstanding