Hopscotch Seaford is Outstanding!
30th July 2019
We are absolutely thrilled to announce that our Hopscotch nursery in Seaford is Outstanding!
This was awarded following an Ofsted inspection in June 2019 (see the full report here).
Congratulations to Gemma, Katie, Natasha, Lauren and the whole staff team who really deserve this wonderful recognition for their exceptional care for the children and dedication to the nursery.
The Inspector commented that:
- Staff provide an impressive and exciting range of activities in this exceptional nursery.
They plan innovative teaching opportunities, such as in the imagination playroom, to
fully extend children’s learning and development. Children are highly motivated and
completely engaged in learning.
- Staff have an excellent focus on helping children develop outstanding communication
skills. Babies and toddlers join in spontaneous songs and a wealth of cosy stories to
help develop new words. Older children confidently talk in-depth about their activities
to friends and adults.
- Staff nurture children’s all-round development superbly well with excellent care that
supports their individual emotional needs. Staff and parents work together to help
children through development milestones, such as potty training.
- Managers and staff work very effectively with parents and other professionals to ensure
they quickly identify and meet children’s needs to a very high degree. All children make
rapid progress in their learning and development. In particular, those with special
educational needs and/or disabilities make very substantial progress.
- Managers and directors continually review practice, identify training needs and provide
high-quality professional development for staff. This helps to ensure consistency in
practice and high standards
Read the full Outstanding report here