Terms & Conditions
Booking Conditions and Deposit
- Once agreed and booked, start dates cannot be changed.
- Full day bookings only for children under 2 years old at the Nizells Avenue nursery.
- A deposit of two weeks’ full fees is required to secure a place.
- Deposits held will be credited to your final and/or penultimate invoice on receiving two calendar month’s notice in writing of your child leaving Hopscotch.
- Deposits are not refundable (including cancellation of booking before the start date).
- A medical condition/allergy form must be completed before the booking is accepted.
- Booked session times must be adhered to. We cannot accept children before their booked time. Children must be picked up promptly.
- Calendar monthly invoices are emailed to the addresses supplied at the end of the preceding month.
- All fees must be paid in full by the 15th day of each month
- Direct debit payments are taken on the 15th day of each calendar month or the next working day if this falls on a weekend.
- Debit/credit card payments may be made by telephone or in person at the Hopscotch Head Office between 9-5 Mon- Fri.
- Post dated cheques are not accepted and Hopscotch accepts no responsibility for any charges they may incur.
- No arrears are permitted. Hopscotch reserves the right to withdraw the childcare service and terminate the booking if fees are not paid in full by 15th day of the month.
- Employer Childcare Voucher Schemes—Hopscotch accounts will only be credited upon receipt of a remittance advice of the BACS transfer or a paper voucher. No fees will be refunded due to late payment of childcare vouchers. Deposits are not refundable due to overpayment of vouchers.
- Tax Free Childcare Payments – We require you to email your TFC reference for you child once you have set this up in order that we match payments received to the correct child. Hopscotch accounts will only be credited upon receipt of the BACS transfer from your TFC account. No fees will be refunded due to late payment of TFC payments. Deposits are not refundable due to overpayment of TFC Payments.
- £10 Registration Fee added to first fees invoice
- 5% of monthly fees is charged for late payment
- Late collection charge is £15 per 15 minutes late, or part thereof
- £20.00 for each returned or cancelled cheque
- £10.00 for a returned direct debit.
- Hopscotch policy is to pursue all unpaid fees through the County Court.
Notice of Termination of Booking or Change of Booked Sessions
- Two calendar month’s notice in writing of your child leaving Hopscotch must be given or the appropriate fees in lieu
- A minimum of one calendar month’s notice in writing must be given to any change in your booked sessions. Extra deposit is required for an increase in sessions
- Hopscotch reserves the right to terminate a booking with or without notice for non-payment of fees, misconduct of parents, or other, as deemed reasonable by Hopscotch
- Full fees must be paid if your child is absent through illness, holidays or other circumstances such as bad weather conditions or transport problems.
- No fees are due when the nursery is closed eg. Bank holidays and Christmas closure (except on Christmas Eve when the nursery closes at 4.00pm for which normal fees are due).
Lunches and Teas
- Meals are provided by external catering suppliers and Hopscotch is not responsible for the content or quality.
- Hopscotch has no responsibility or liability should your child become ill as a result of allergies, food intolerances or other.
- A contingency plan must be agreed with the nursery should meals not be delivered due to circumstances beyond our control.
Completed registration assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes any other written or oral agreement, either expressed or implied.
Refer a Friend Scheme
You must already be an existing Hopscotch customer to be able to refer someone else.
The friend (“Referral”) must book and attend a visit at any Hopscotch Children’s Nursery for you to receive £15 off your next monthly invoice.
The friend (“Referral”) must commit (deposit paid) to a booking at any Hopscotch Children’s Nursery for you to receive £30 off your next monthly invoice.
You can make multiple referrals as long as each referral is a new referral and a new customer to Hopscotch. Referrals must not be existing Hopscotch customers.
All discounts will be offset against monthly invoices. No claims can be made by the Referee or Referral for cash or cash equivalents.
If Referrals book a (deposit paid) place with Hopscotch they will receive the agreed amount of 10% discount from their first bill.
This initiative is running from 2nd January to 29th February 2020 only. Referrals made after this date cannot be claimed.
It must be your friend / referral’s first booking with Hopscotch for the referrer and friend to qualify. Existing customers cannot claim referrals.
You cannot refer yourself.
You cannot refer multiple friends using the same delivery address, phone number or payment details.
In cases that we deem to be in breach of the above terms and conditions, Hopscotch reserves the right not to honour the Refer a Friend initiative.
Hopscotch has the right not to honour any Referral claim for whatever reason it chooses to do so and has a final say on the matter.
Hopscotch hopes that our work is carried out smoothly and without incident. However, if you have a concern or a complaint about our nurseries, then we ask you to please bring it to the attention of the Nursery Manager or Deputy as soon as possible. They will discuss this with you and do everything they can to put the matter right.
However, should you feel that your concern has not been resolved by the Nursery Manager, then please apply in writing to:
Hopscotch Head Office
14 Bavant Road
East Sussex BN1 6RD
Your complaint will be investigated by a Senior Manager and a written reply issued up to a maximum of 28 days.
Hopscotch is unable to investigate any concerns or complaints retrospectively once your child has left the nursery.
Hopscotch Nurseries are registered with Ofsted and if you feel that your concern has not been dealt with fully, you may contact them at:
Ofsted Early Years
National Business Unit
Royal Exchange Building
5th, 6th and 7th Floors
Manchester M1 2WD
Tel: 0300 123 1231